Shamrock Shape Shenanigans Scavenger Hunt
Use this volume and area scavenger hunt to add some fun to a normally boring and routine subject of using formulas. Also allows students to practice visualizing and drawing out the shapes to the specifications given!
Directions for Set-Up:
1. Print off Scavenger Hunt pages.
2. Place in alphabetical order around the room or in the hallway.
Directions for Activity:
1. Place students in pairs.
2. Assign each pair to a starting letter .
3. Students write down the letter they are on.
4. Students should draw out the picture that the problem describes and then solve the problem.
5. Once answered, students will look around the room/hallway for that answer on the BOTTOM of another sheet.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until students arrive back at their starting letter.
Directions for Checking:
• Find starting letter in the answer key provided.
• Student’s letter path should match that of the answer key.
**To save paper, do not use the Student Worksheet Provided, just have the students use their own paper to show their work!
A directions sheet, answer key, and student worksheet are all included for easy implementation and grading!