Hands-on shape activities for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and early childhood education. This money-saving bundle contains 4 shape activity products.
The following products are included in this bundle:
Shape Matching Clip Cards:
Shape matching clip cards are a fun way to practice shape matching and shape recognition. Children look at the featured shape or image on the top of the card and attach the clothespin arrow to the matching shape at the bottom of the card.
This activity contains 3 levels of clip cards (75 total cards!). The levels are color coded for easy identification and sorting.
- The featured shape and the matching shape are the same color, so it will be easier for kids to identify the match. This set contains 20 clip cards, 1 cover, and blue arrows.
- The featured shape and the matching shape are different colors, so it will be a bit more challenging for kids to identify the match. This set contains 20 clip cards, 1 cover, and orange arrows.
- An illustration is featured on the top of the card and kids will identify a shape within the illustration. Often more than one shape can be identified within the illustration. This set contains 35 clip cards, 2 covers, and green arrows.
You will need several clothespin clips to complete the activity. You may use the covers and bind the clip cards into a clip book, or you may choose to simply use the clip cards on their own.
Shape Matching Clip Cards may also be purchased separately.
Shape Play Dough Mats and Dot Cards:
Children can explore two dimensional shapes with three different shape mats/cards.
This product contains the following:
• 11 shape dot cards
• 11 full color shape play dough mats
• 11 black and white play dough mats
Shapes dot cards and play dough mat sets include the following shapes:
• diamond and rhombus
The dots can be colored with dot markers/bingo markers, crayons, markers, or cotton swab painting. Coordinate this math activity to a thematic unit by using thematic stamps or stickers. Attach fun noodles or glue puff balls, beans, or other small items in the circles.
Laminated dot pages can be used with play dough, sculpting sand, buttons, magnetic or plastic chips, rocks, vase fillers, small thematic erasers. They can also be used on cookie sheets or magnetic boards with small magnets.
Play Dough Mats:
Laminated play dough mats can be used with play dough, sculpting foam, slime, sculpting sand, waxed yarn, yarn, pipe cleaners, etc. The black and white play dough mats can also be used as coloring pages
Shape Play Dough Mats and Dot Cards may also be purchased separately.
Make Your Own Shape Book
Black and white shape books are easy to assemble and can be used in many ways.
This set includes the following:
• 1 cover page
• 11 shape pages (square, circle, rectangle, triangle, oval, heart, star, pentagon, hexagon,diamond/rhombus)
• 4 sets of printable shapes in a variety of sizes/patterns
• 2 sets of shape images
You may choose to create a book with all of the shape pages or customize it with just a few. You may even choose to create a single shape book by using multiple copies of the same shape page. For example, you may create a triangle book by assembling a book with a cover and multiple triangle pages.
Children can complete the shape books by cutting the printable shapes and gluing them to the appropriate pages. In addition to the printable shapes that are included with this set, you may also use some of the following ideas to complete and customize your shape books:
• Use shape stamps or stickers on each page.
• Dip shape cookie cutters or shape blocks in paint and print shapes on each page.
• Cut shapes from a variety of textured materials (sandpaper, fuzzy fabric, satin, faux reptile print, glitter foam, lace, etc) and attach the shapes to each page. This would work especially well with a single shape book.
• Glue strips of shape patterned scrapbook paper or wrapping paper to each page.
• Take pictures of shapes around your house or classroom and attach the photographs to each page.
Shape Book: Make Your Own Shape Book may also be purchased separately.
Interactive Shape Book:
An interactive shape matching book. Pages can be bound into a busy book, or can be used separately on a magnet board or cookie sheet.
This set includes the following:
• 1 cover page
• 13 shape pages (square, circle, rectangle, triangle, oval, heart, star, pentagon, hexagon, octagon, crescent, diamond/rhombus).
• 12 printable shapes
The book pages measure 4.25 x 5.5 inches. To create a book, you will need to laminate the pages and will need self-adhesive hook and loop tape. To bind your book, you can use binder rings, ties, or a binding machine.
The pages can also be used for shape tracing. Children can trace the dotted shape outline on each page with a crayon or dry erase marker.
Shape Matching Interactive Book may also be purchased separately.