Also included in
- Are you looking for engaging activities to teach TEKS for 5th grade math? This best-selling resource includes everything you need to review, practice, and evaluate TEKS standards for Reporting Categories 1, 2, 3, and 4 during math workshop, math stations, or whole-class instruction to help your stud$65.20$81.50Save $16.30
- Are you looking for engaging TEKS math activities, math practice worksheets, and math assessments to help your students master the TEKS?This best-selling resource includes everything you need to review, practice, and evaluate TEKS standards for Reporting Categories 1, 2, 3, and 4 during math worksho$92.64$115.80Save $23.16
Students will learn how to classify two-dimensional shapes using graphic organizers, identify attributes of the coordinate plane, graph on the coordinate plane, and solve graphing problems in the real world.
Are you looking for engaging activities to teach shape attributes and the coordinate plane?
This best-selling resource includes everything you need to review, practice, and evaluate TEKS standards during math workshop, math stations, or whole-class instruction to help your students master the fifth-grade STAAR test!
What’s unique about this pack?
Each of the featured TEKS in this resource includes the following components:
- Interactive notebook activity designed to provide a one-page review of each skill (two versions to suit your students’ needs)
- Communication through writing task to encourage mathematical thinking, communication, and to deepen students’ understanding of the TEKS
- Cooperative learning activity to reinforce the standard and support the development of the mathematical process standards (most activities presented in both color and black and white)
- Five-question multiple-choice quiz to evaluate student understanding and determine next steps
This resource also includes:
- Teaching notes
- Guiding questions
- Student-friendly directions
- Answer keys
- Performance tracking sheet
What activities are included?
- What's the Common Attribute? Task Cards
- Classifying Shapes Sometimes, Always, or Never
- Attributes of the Coordinate Plane Fact or Fib
- Graphing on the Coordinate Partner Game
- Graphing in the Real-World Task Cards
This resource is a perfect companion for your TEKS instruction. This resource is easy-to-use and implement. The cooperative learning activities repeat across the series for ease of understanding and to promote critical thinking through the TEKS. The cooperative learning aspect of this resource allows students to support each other with specific roles as they work together to master the TEKS.
- 5.5A- Classify two-dimensional figures in a hierarchy of sets and subsets using graphic organizers based on their attributes and properties
- 5.8A- Describe the key attributes of the coordinate plane, including perpendicular number lines (axes) where the intersection (origin) of the two lines coincides with zero on each number line and the given point (0, 0); the x-coordinate, the first number in an ordered pair, indicates movement parallel to the x-axis starting at the origin; and the y-coordinate, the second number, indicates movement parallel to the y-axis starting at the origin
- 5.8B- Describe the process for graphing ordered pairs of numbers in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane
- 5.8C- Graph in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane ordered pairs of numbers arising from mathematical and real-world problems, including those generated by number patterns or found in an input-output table
What Teachers are Saying about the Texas Math Scholar Series
“There are so many versatile components of this bundle. It provided materials for small groups, partner work, enrichment activities, tutorials, and extra practice. All of the resources line up with the TEKS and were very meaningful and well-thought out!”- 5th Grade Teacher
“It is very easy to use and well thought out. This will save me a ton of time so thank you!!”- 5th Grade Teacher
Other Activity Packs in this Series:
TEKS-aligned Related Resources for Grade 5:
Bundles in this Series:
: Includes 8 activity packs + 5 supplemental resource packs
: Includes all 8 activity packs
: Includes independent practice, challenge tasks, exit tickets, short-answer assessments
I hope this product helps your Texas students master the TEKS!- The Routty Math Teacher
Keep up with The Routty Math Teacher!
Be the first to learn about doing math The Routty Way. I will send out information about new blog posts, free resources, and new product information. Sound interesting? Become a follower of The Routty Math Teacher by clicking or on the green star on any of my product pages and receive email updates in your TPT inbox.
Leave feedback and receive TPT credit!
Did you know that you can build up TPT credit by leaving feedback on our products? You can submit feedback at the time of purchase or go to “My Purchases” for a list of what you have bought in the past. Next to each title is a “Leave Feedback” button. Click it and leave a rating and comment to receive the credit. Go to TPT Credits to learn how to redeem your credits on future purchases!
Like this pack? Share it with others!
Use the share buttons so others will find it! Just click the Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest button to share it with others!