These shape centers are perfect for teaching 2d and introducing 3d shapes to Pre-K and Kindergarten students. Explore 2d shapes such as circles, triangles, squares, ovals, rhombuses, rectangles, hexagons, and trapezoids, and have fun with 3d shapes like cubes, cones, spheres, pyramids, rectangular prisms, cylinders, and triangular prisms.
If you are looking for hands-on and engaging shape activities for your classroom - these are for you!
Designed with both Pre-K and Kindergarten in mind, these centers will give you a variety of activities and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging shape centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students that are NOT themed and can be used ANY TIME of year! (see the preview and description below for full details).
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
of print and play, skill-based centers.
Looking for centers that are themed? You will love our themed math and literacy centers.
SHAPE CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDED:
Shape Pattern Block Mats
- Use these fun mats for morning bins, math centers, etc. to work on shapes and symmetry as students build fun designs!
Shape Pocket Chart Sorts
- Use these pieces as a sorting game in the pocket chart (or out). There are 5 pieces for each 2d and 3d shape. Use as many or as few as you wish!
Shape Geoboard and Pattern Block Cards
- These geoboard and pattern block cards make excellent math centers or morning bins! Students pick a card, and then copy the design.
Shape Sorting Mats
- Cut out the cards and have students place the objects on the correct mat by identifying their 2d or 3d shape!
Shape Play Dough Mats
– Shape play dough mats are a fun, hands-on way to work on shapes! Use play dough and build the perimeter of shapes, or fill them in! (Choose to print either full size mats, or half sheets, both are included.)
- These mini-books are great for small groups, independent work, centers, or even morning work – anytime you need them! The mini- books are SUPER easy to prep – NO staples needed!
Shape Dot It! Printables
- Use with bingo daubers and crayons OR you can laminate and have kids use clothespins and pom poms to fill the shapes for a fine motor center!
Pick your versions! Dot the simple shape and trace its name, OR dot the shape and color objects in the environment.
Shape Clip Cards (2 levels)
– Clip the shape’s exact match, or the matching shapes in the environment.
Shape Puzzles (2 levels)
– Match up the shapes to their exact pair, or to their matching shape in the environment.
Roll and Graph Shapes
– Roll the die. Color a space above the shape you roll on the graph. See which shape gets to the top first! (Both 2d and 3d versions included).
Roll and Design
– Roll the die. Use the pattern block you land on to create and add to a design on the mat! *Optional: Trace around your pattern blocks and color them in!
– Use pattern blocks to fill the hexagons in different ways. *Optional: Trace and color your pieces!
– 10 individual Bingo cards for 2d shapes and 10 cards for 3d shapes to play Bingo! Great for small groups or to play as a whole class. Have a few winners at a time and make it fun for everyone while learning shapes!
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the files.
More Activities Your Kids Will Love:
Pre-K Clip Cards for Math and Literacy
Kindergarten Clip Cards for Math and Literacy
Roll and Color Math Games