These shape cards are great to hang up in your child’s learning area or play area for them to see. They can also be utilized as instructional focus cards- only displaying the ones that they are learning. Some great ways to use these cards are:
• Play “I Spy Shapes” using the cards as a focus point and finding it around the room.
• Make two sets and play a matching game
• Discuss colors of the shapes
• Laminate and use as play doh mats
The number line is a great resource to help children learn their numbers and their relationships. With this number line being in several intervals, you can place up the cards as you go. For example, new learners you may want to just start with 1-5 for a while until they are ready for more numbers. With negative numbers are not an instructional focus for early education, it is important for children to understand number relationships. A few things about the number line:
• Light blue background creates any easy background for children to focus on.
• Different colors and shapes to differentiate even and odd numbers
• White shape to practice counting by 5’s.