Also included in
- This activity was designed to be a simple, no-prep activity to target articulation in an engaging way. It is a bundle of the English and Spanish versions of this toy companion. My students are loving the shape bubble popping toys that are popular right now (it is almost like reusable bubble wrap). I$14.50$16.00Save $1.50
This activity was designed to be a simple, no-prep activity to target articulation in an engaging way (+BONUS language pages). My students are loving the shape bubble popping toys that are popular right now (it is almost like reusable bubble wrap). I created these worksheets to use with them. They can be used alone but they were designed as a companion to these toys. I suggest using the square shaped toys because they have the most bubbles to pop (which equals more repetitions). You can find these toys on Amazon or other online stores. These worksheets go best with the square version that has 36 bubbles (6 rows of 6). You can use them with any of them with the variations listed below. Your students will love these Pop it Speech Companion worksheets!
Now includes a digital option (BOOM cards). If you are only interested in the digital version, you can purchase it here. You students will love these Speech Pop Its Worksheets!
How to use: Print out a page with the desired phoneme. The student will practice a word and then pop the bubble on the popper (by pushing it in). There are 12 words repeated 3 times. You can also have them color or dot in the circles as they go. I usually send the paper home and ask the parents to practice and have them color it at home. The therapist can use the page at their discretion for drilling articulation. For even more practice, flip the toy over and pop them again! The therapist will determine the number of trials per word/per pop! I challenge my students to say a word for every pop!
- For students who may find popping them slowly a challenge: Have them say one of the words and then pop a whole line of the bubbles.
- Practice all the words and use the popping toy as a reward at the end of the session.
- Use a whole puncher to "pop" the circles on the page.
- Use a bingo dotter to “pop” the circles on the page
I also included homework instructions at the bottom to send for home practice!
This pack includes the following sounds: Initial/final p/b/m (for bilabials and final consonants); final: t, d, n (for final consonants); initial h, w, y; VC/CV/CVC/CVCV; initial/medial/final: k, g, f, v, l, s, z, sh, ch, th, lblends (initial/medial), initial sblends (sp, st, sm, sn, sk, sl, sw, mixed), final sblends; pre-vocalic r, er, or, ar, air, ear, & rblends (initial/final); 3 syllables/4 syllables/5 syllables, and complex clusters. I also included blank open-ended pages (the blank open-ended pages come in the square, circle, heart, octagon, and a square 100 trials page). I also included some bonus language pages: categories, which one doesn’t belong, compare/contrast, following directions, and phonological awareness (initial/medial/end sound identification)
Also available in Spanish and a bilingual Spanish/English bundle
Click here for the bilingual bundle