• Use these Fry’s first 150 words for students to read. If the student reads the word correctly, then he/she keeps the card.
If he/she can’t read the card, then another student has the
opportunity to “steal” the card.
• Students can graph their cards by the shapes. Complete the sheet found in this activity.
• Draw a card and read the word. Write the word according to the shape on the card.
• Sort cards by shape. Then pair students to read the words on that shape card.
• Use these cards with pattern block pictures. If the student can read the word then he/she chooses the shape on the card and cover that shape on the picture. If he/she can’t read the word, then the student does not get the shape. Fun to see which student completes the picture first. I use pictures from Pre-Kinders or Jessica’s Corner of Cyberspace