The Shape Workshop is full of common core objectives daily math 2-D shape activities.
The printable are skills and worksheets centered on a recognizing shapes, cutting shapes, sorting, understanding lines and points in shapes.
I like the Shape Workshop as a morning job, but it works great as a part of daily Workshop jobs.
The activities include recognition, graphing, counting, sorting, and partner activities that spiral on skills throughout the year.
It’s important the kiddos have fun while learning and yet get practice and review throughout the year.
The activities include counting,problem solving, graphing, missing number, teen numbers, tallying, and measuring.
The contents include
- Shape CD songs and Artist
- Shape Books
- Bulletin Board- Shapes- Square, Rectangle, Triangle, Circle, Trapezoid, Rhombus(Diamond), Octagon, Pentagon, Oval, Hexagon, Heart, Star
- Find-Trace-Color a Shape-Find a shape, trace it according to a color code.
- Roll a Shape-Use a die with shapes, roll a shape and trace it.
- Roll a Shape, Cut, Count- Roll a shape on a die, find the shape, and cut the shape. Cut 10 shapes.
- Roll & Draw a Shape-Roll a die and draw a shape. The first shape to reach the top of a column wins.
- Pick a Shape-Draw a shape off the table, and cross out the shape.
- Graphing Packet- Color the shapes, count the shapes, tally the shapes, and graph the shapes.
- Circus Shapes- Partner Game-Roll a die, and color the shape. The kiddo that colors the most shapes wins.
- Shape 4 in a Row- Roll a shape die – Color shapes. The first to get 4 shapes in a row, up and down , across or diagonally wins.
- Writing Prompt- My favorite Shape..
- Mouse Shapes By Ellen Walsh & Art Project
- Funny Clown a Shape Game-Small group game-72 shapes card and funny clown cards.
- I Have.. Who Has- A class card game recognizing and naming the shapes. A great transition game.
- Play-Doh Mats
- Geo-boards and shapes
- Hidden shapes
If you like this product, you may also be interested in my Common Core
Math Daily Journals
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases
Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Format This download is a PDF.