This pack of activities aims to teach children about simple 2D shapes and colors. It is suitable for all children, including those learning English as a second language, as it includes all of the vocabulary they need to talk about 2D shapes and colors.The pack includes a variety of activities designed to engage and interest children.
1. A4 size posters for all simple 2D shapes, to teach shape vocabulary and properties
2. Bright colours to teach colour vocabulary
3. “Knowing About Shape” activity to encourage thought about corners and edges
4. “Match the Shape” activity to help children recognise shapes in different contexts and perspectives
5. “Count the Corners” activity
6. “Count the Edges” activity
7. “Everyday Shapes” activity to consolidate learning of shapes and colors
8. “I am a… Who has a…?” domino game.
This resource is also available in UK English