Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
This tool is a simple and visual way for Early Years (and Middle Years) students to reflect on and chart their learning
How could I use it?
- To provide a simple visual method for students to assess their own progress
- To identify where they are achieving well and where extra support may be needed
- To graph to progress of individual students
Why should I use it?
- To teach students how to organise and plot their progress
- To provide students the opportunity to evaluate and assess their own progress
- To encourage students to think and reflect on what they have learnt and where they need to improve
- To enable students to set goals for future learning
When should I use it?
- At the beginning of an individual task of unit
- The worm should be updated regularly and could be used as a basis for one-on-one discussions
- Could be used to set and evaluate learning goals
How do I use it?
- At the start of a unit of work, each student is given a template of the worm
- Label the worm with their name, class and unit they are doing
- Together the teacher and the class should discuss and agree upon the milestones achieved through the unit (points of learning from the curriculum)
- The students colour in their milestones when they achieve them and attach 'learning evidence' on their worm.
- Learning worm templates (2 different abilities)
- Preview photos of assessment worms that are being completed
- OVER A DOZEN DIFFERENT ASSESSMENT TEMPLATE IDEAS! (all the hard work is done)