This resource contains a variety of 3D shape activities.
Content and description
1. 3-D Shape Mat in colour and b/w. (x2) and 3-D Properties Information Sheet
The mat can be used for the 3D challenge quiz. There are 8 questions to be answered.
2. Differentiated 3D Shapes Search and Colour (x3).
Children colour the shapes using the colour key.
3. Shapes Match Up and Cut/paste Sorting Shapes + Answer Sheets
(a) Children draw lines from the shape to the real objects and then label the shapes.
(b) This is a shape sort task – Children cut out the objects on worksheet 2 and then sort and glue into the correct column on worksheet 1.
4. Differentiated 3D Shapes – What Am I? Activities (Colour & b/w)
Four clipart children on each worksheet. Each clipart child describes the 3-D shape properties and real object. The task is to write the name of the shape.
5. Labelling 3D Shape Pictures (x1) and Answer Sheet
There are four 3D objects in colour and black & white on the worksheet. Children label the objects with the 3-D shapes used.
6. Properties of 3D Shape Match-Up (x2) with Answers
Children draw lines from the shape to its description using different colour pencils.
7. 3D Shape Quiz/Activity – 8 Questions + Answer Sheet. (x1)
There are 8 questions to answer which include adding up faces and edges of different shapes, describing differences between shapes and tracing and labelling shapes. Children can use their 3D Shape Mat to work out the answers.
8. 3D Shape Picture – Label the shapes used for each object.
In this activity there are four pictures drawn using 3D shapes. Children label parts of the object with the 3D shape used.
9. Colour and Match (x2)>/strong>
In this activity, children choose a colour and colour or shade the shape in first column. Then using the same colour to colour or shade in the shape(s) that match it. There is a selection of shapes to choose from.
10. Count, trace and colour (x2)
Children read how many shapes to trace round and colour in.
I hope you enjoy using these worksheets and activities to reinforce children's knowledge of 3D shapes.