Shapes and Numbers is a great way to combine math and writing. Students identify shapes and write a sentence about how many there are.
Sentence frames are provided to help students when working on formulating sentences.
• There is ____________ __________ (number/shape)
• There are ___________ __________ (number/shape)
There is ample practice with basic shape examples, along with shapes we could see in our community.
The flashcards (40) would be great for working with a small group or for an independent center activity.
The worksheets and flashcards are CCSS aligned
• I can use singular and plural nouns with the correct verb. L.1.1
• I can write numbers from 0 to 20. K.CC.3
• I can count to tell how many. K.CC.5
• I can find Shapes around me. K.G.1
• I can name shapes K.G.3
• I can tell about shapes. 1.G.1
These are great for K, 1st, 2nd, and ESL (beginning, early intermediate)