Here are some fun and easy activities to accompany your science unit on Structures. These activities help kids explore the shapes that make structures strong.
1. Structure Scavenger Hunt - Students will scan QR codes to look for shapes they see in 8 pictures of structures. If you prefer, you can print out the photos instead of using the iPads.
2. Read and Write - Students will scan QR codes to read about 3 different shapes (triangles, arches, and domes) that make strong structures. They write about the main idea and supporting details. If you prefer, you can print out the info sheets instead of scanning them.
3. Draw and Label - Students brainstorm, draw, and label human made and natural structures.
4. Write and Draw - Students show what they know about shapes in structures
5. Design a Structure - Students draw and write about a structure they would like to build.
Great activities to engage your little architects and engineers!