Shaping Up: A 2D Shape Unit is full of interactive partner and whole class activities, cutting and pasting worksheets, games, scavenger hunts, and even an end of unit quiz all geared towards getting your students excited about learning all about 2D shapes.
The goals of this unit are:
-For students to be able to recognize and label the 2D shapes.
-For students to know how many sides each 2D shape has.
-For students to be able to recognize 2D shapes in his/her environment.
Table of contents:
1. Shape posters (includes: triangle, square, rectangle, circle, hexagon, pentagon, octagon, oval, and trapezoid)
2. Shapes in the classroom partner games
3. Magazine/grocery store flyer scavenger hunt and cutting and pasting activity.
4. Shape worksheets: What is a… triangle, square, rectangle, circle, and oval).
5. Play dough placemats (triangle, square, rectangle, circle, oval, hexagon, pentagon, and octagon).
6. Match the shape with the shape name
7.What shape is this? Cutting and pasting activity
8. How many sides does a _____ have? Sheet
9. Create a shape monster.
10. Energizer game. I spy and get up and move.
11. My favourite shape is a…sheet
12. Graph your favourite shapes. Whole class activity
13. Shape maze worksheet
14. Colour the shapes worksheet
15. Shape classroom scavenger hunt
16. 12 shape task cards
17. End of unit shape quiz