Shaping Up: A 3D Shape Unit contains a variety of fun and hands on activities including: a scavenger hunt, play dough mats, task cards, partner and whole class games, worksheets, assessment, as well as cutting and pasting activities.
The goals of this unit are:
-For students to be able to recognize the names of and label all 3D shapes.
-For students to be able to count the faces, edges, and vertices of all 3D shapes.
-For students to be able to recognize 3D shapes in their environment.
Table of Contents:
1. 3D shapes posters (hexagonal prism, pentagonal prism, cylinder, rectangular prism, cube, triangular prism, square pyramid, pentagonal prism, cone, sphere, hemisphere, and faces, edges, and vertices.
2. Match the 3 D shapes worksheet.
3. What shape is that? Cutting and pasting activity.
4. 3D shapes: faces, edges, and vertices.
5. Count the edges, surfaces, and vertices, draw and name something in real life that is a… worksheet.
6. Shape maze colouring sheet.
7. Shapes in real life partner activity.
8. Shape scavenger hunt.
9. Ten 3D shape task cards.
10. 2 shape play dough mats. (One mat with the pictures and one without).
11. Shapes in the classroom: A10 minutes partner activity.
12. 3D Shapes sides and surfaces worksheet.
13. 3D Shape collages.
14. Mid unit assessment: shape pizza listening activity.
15. 3D shape quiz.