The Barney Book series are read to books for parents and school counselors whose children struggle with being bossy or being bullied at school. This first book gives a conversational voice to the issues of bullying among friends.
Along with a story on learning how to share, you will find discussion questions, Bloom Taxonomy scaffold, Circle Map, What is Bullying vs Teasing Poster, Sudoku Puzzle, Maze for Barney to find his friends, color pages, plus much more.
Book Two: Friendly teasing vs mean teasing
Book Three: Barney's New Friend.....Look for these two books soon!
National Counseling Standards:
• A:A2.3 Use communications skills to know when and how to ask for help when needed (Bullying)
• A:B1.2 Learn and apply critical-thinking skills (When am I teasing and when does it becoming bullying?)
• C:A1.4 Learn how to interact and work cooperatively in teams
• (Bullying Game, Roles within the group, The Stand Up Promise)
• PS:A2.1 Recognize that everyone has rights and responsibilities
• PS:A2.2 Respect alternative points of view
• PS:A2.3 Recognize, accept, respect and appreciate individual
• PS:A2.4 Recognize, accept and appreciate ethnic and cultural
• PS:A2.5 Recognize and respect differences in various family
• PS:A2.6 Use effective communications skills
This story is copyrighted and materials are the intellectual property of Rhonda Brown. All material is designed by Rhonda Brown. See reference page for clip art purchased through TpT. Thank you