Let learning span across content areas with these fun shark activities for kindergarten and first grade! This mini-unit covers science, math, reading, writing and art. It also includes a lesson plan and teaching guides just for you. Click on the PREVIEW to learn more!
- One cross-curricular lesson plan with separate guides for completing the activities over two, three, four and five days
- Science, math, reading, writing and art activities and printables
- List of fiction and nonfiction shark books
- QR codes and links to videos
- Answer keys
Tell Me More About the Activities!
Here are the specific activities included:
How Do Sharks Float? science experiment
- Attributes of a triangle
- Composing shapes with triangles
- Addition and subtraction within 10 and 20
- Beginning /sh/ digraph
- -ark word family (shark)
- -in word family (fin)
- Sharks Can, Have, Are...
- If I Had a Pet Shark...
- Sharks acrostic poem
How to Draw a Shark in Six Easy Steps
- Let's Get Shark Smart pre- or post assessment
- Know-Wonder-Learn template
- Handwriting sheet
How Does This Differ from Your Other Units?
My week-long units are cross-curricular as well, but they contain detailed daily lesson plans for each day of the week. This resource contains one lesson plan, but it's packed full of ideas that can span more than one day. I've included guides for stretching the lesson plan activities over two, three, four and five days.
Other Ocean Units
- Oceans (week long)
- Dolphins (mini-unit)
- Whales (mini-unit)
- Sea Turtles (mini-unit)
- Jellyfish (mini-unit)
Questions? Please feel free to click on the "Product Q & A" tab to contact me here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.