Shark! Math Fact Fluency Card Game | Addition and Subtraction within 20
Also included in
- These ocean themed activities have a variety of engaging worksheets (20 math and literacy pages, a Sentence Scramble writing activity) AND an Addition and Subtraction Card Game including addition facts within 20 and subtraction within 10! I created it because I needed a fun and engaging way to practPrice $6.75Original Price $9.75Save $3.00
- You are purchasing 7 MATH FLUENCY GAMES to practice facts for single digit addition within 20 and subtraction within 10! This bundle is perfect for Kindergarten - Second grade and also includes 2 additional BONUS games! It can be played during centers, morning work, guided reading, with partners orPrice $12.50Original Price $21.00Save $8.50
Math fact fluency practice game for single digit addition within 20 and subtraction within 10! This pack has adorable sharks, minnows, and kids swimming on floaties perfect for a shark, summer, or ocean theme / unit. Use independently as math fact fluency flash cards or to play an individual game. (For example, if using as an early finisher activity, students can try to see how many cards they can get before centers is over.)
Or, students can play with a partner to play these games:
- War – each play flips over a card. Solve the addition or subtraction problem. Whoever has the larger number wins (or smaller number, to change things up!)
- Kaboom or Bang! – see below for how to play
- Single digit addition cards for numbers 0-10
- Single digit subtraction cards for 0-10
★ A recording sheet is also provided if you would like some additional accountability for your students with a math fact fluency games printable.
How to Play:
- Spread the cards out into a pile.
- Choose a card from the pile
- Read the card. If you can read the card, keep it. If you can’t, put the card back. (If they are playing with a partner or group, I suggest having them help the student read the word if they missed it so they can learn it for next time). :)
- Special Cards
- Shark! – Put all of your cards back into the pile
- Minnow – Draw another card
- Lose a turn – If playing with a partner or group, you lose a turn
- Skip – If playing with a partner or group, you skip the person who has a turn after you
★ Pick and choose which pages you want to do, print, laminate and you're all set! You can time students for several minutes to see how many problems they can do, and use to inform instruction. Or they can complete it as a math center or during morning work.
★ Use all the cards or choose which cards to use based on the math facts your students are learning.
★ Also included are cards in black and white to save on ink!
Check out my other math and literacy resources available in my TpT Store. Search by category to find exactly what you need!
For more summer activities, check these out:
★ Try my Summer Math Fact Fluency for Multiplication, which has 14 pages of fact practice for students who are just beginning to learn multiplication (0, 1, 2, 5, & 10 facts)!
Would you like to have access to some of the math and literacy activities I sell for free? Stop by and visit my blog and sign up to become a VIP!
Don't forget to follow my store for notification of new products and sales!
Thank you for all you do!