A set of 19 visual maths activities in a 38-page resource, for middle and upper primary years. A good choice for morning maths, or for early finish / extension work at the end of lessons.
Also makes a good kit for supply teachers, as it includes a variety of high-interest maths activities.
Activities in the pack include:
* graphing - pictograph interpretation, with basic maths operations
* map-reading / finding directions
* Tangram geometry puzzle - choice of 3 shark designs which can
be used to decorate the classroom, when each puzzle is
completed. Tangrams are good training for primary students in
* geometry - polygon pattern sequencing
* 2- and 3-digit addition - using shark icon keys
* addition and/or subtraction - using number bonds
* multiplication - using factors, arrays and number bonds
* division - using arrays
* word and number puzzles
* spatial logic puzzle
Two visual maths templates are provided for students to create their own sums as well, to test their desk buddies. The shark tooth number bonds can be used for addition, subtraction or multiplication. Some primary students enjoy working together to create their own sets of number bonds for their desk buddy to work on. The students then mark each other's work. This activity builds maths confidence.
The shark array sheets can be used for both multiplication and division, and students can test each other. For example: "Draw 6 groups of 4, and 4 groups of 6 on the shark array".
All answers to puzzles are included.