Get out of the water and into learning with the Shark Week Unit featuring Gail Gibbons' text Sharks and The Magic School Bus The Great Shark Escape and use this cross curricular reading unit full of fun lesson ideas, printables, and activities in Reading, Writing, and Grammar! The stories of Sharks and Magic School Bus The Great Shark Escape can easily be integrated into science too. It's a perfect unit for the end of the school year when students are eager for summer!
The unit contains:
* 5 days of open ended questions on Gail Gibbons' informational text, Sharks. Questions include higher level skills such as text citation, using text evidence and examples from the text to support answers, using diagrams, comparing and contrasting, drawing conclusions, and locating information.
* 8 days of open ended questions on The Magic School Bus The Great Shark Escape. Questions include higher level skills such as text citation, using text evidence and examples from the text to support answers, mood, identifying facts, drawing conclusions, character analysis and locating information.
* A complete week of vocabulary work: definitions, 2 worksheets that can be used for homework, vocabulary sheets for defining words and generating synonyms, word illustrations, and a vocabulary quiz
* Writing activities involving comparing and contrasting two different kinds of sharks using a Venn Diagram and composing a two paragraph response as well as a research report form and rubric for an oral report on a shark.
* Noun worksheets focusing on the topic of sharks.
* All pages have the Core Standards on the bottom in the footer section.
If you like this product, please follow my store and check out my other Common Core reading units!