Shark Week in the Classroom | End of the Year Activity | Shark Themed Unit
What educators are saying
This Shark Week resource is a week long themed unit, packed with shark week activities, all about sharks! This resource includes everything you need to have an entire week filled with SHARK WEEK lessons and activities in your classroom. Shark Week is a great end of the year activity.
Everything you need to host a Shark Week in your classroom! Your ENTIRE WEEK PLANNED with Shark Week Activities that cover reading, writing, word work, math, science, STEM, and more! Look Below to see all that is included!
All Shark Week activities have a note to the teacher explaining how to prep and implement the lesson/activity. Making this a super easy thematic unit for you to use.
All Shark Week activities include directions to project on whiteboard/SmartBoard or print to use at a center.
Shark Week activities are low prep. These shark week activities include informational reading passages about 5 sharks (great white shark, hammerhead shark, saw shark, thresher shark, & blacktip reef shark). Informational writing activity to go with each shark. This shark week in the classroom resource includes introductory activities such as KWL chart, label the shark, and fun shark facts. Math, Science/STEAM, Word Work, No-bake Cooking, Directed Drawing, Video (link) and response activity, Decor to print, Secret codes, and open ended research pages.
- KWL Anchor Chart
- Label the Shark
- Fun Facts
- 5 non-fiction shark passages
- 5 informational writing response pages with writing prompt
- Science: Sort/Classify activity
- 2 STEAM activities (Engineer a Boat, Design a Super Shark)
- 3 Word Work activities (Seafoam Spelling, SH digraph hunt, Shark Sight Words)
- 6 Math activities (2 add within 20, 1 add 2-digits, measurement, comparing >,<,= and place value within 100)
- Shark Video Link and Response Page
- 2 Secret Codes and extension idea
- Directed Drawing Activity
- No Bake Shark Snack
- Printable Decor & easy ideas
- Letter to Families for donation of supplies
- Book list of fiction paired read-alouds
Includes a 47 page Digital Resource
This Google Slides digital resource is a paid product in my store, but it is yours for FREE included in this Shark Week resource!
All activities are CCSS and NGSS aligned. *SEE THE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK