Here's a great ay to integrate nonfiction reading, comprehension and reading fluency - all with a shark theme! Teachers have often used readers theater to help improve reading fluency – now you can improve fluency AND work on reading comprehension. The script in this resource includes facts about sharks in general, as well as different kinds of sharks. They work just like a piece of nonfiction text! I included a variety of response sheets related to the text, as well as a planning sheet and themed paper for writing. Once students are familiar with the text, they can each choose parts and share what they have learned with others! Do a little rehearsing and you’re ready to perform for an audience!
This resource includes two files - the scripts and response sheets and another file with the flip book
- 4 partner plays: Sharks vs Fish, Shark Teeth, Hunting for Prey, Shark Babies
- comprehension and response activities for each of the partner plays:
- Sharks vs Fish: Venn diagram and fact sort
-- Shark Teeth: written response and true false
- Hunting for Prey: 2 written response sheets - Shark Babies: one written response sheet
- 2 small group scripts (6 parts each): All About Sharks; Super Sharks (types of sharks)
- Comprehension and written response activities
- Ask Questions and Answer Questions written response
- shark flip book shark fact card match
- written response activity for types of sharks - shark type fact sort
Please take a look at the preview to see what is included.
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories