This set of Boom Cards features 50 cards all about the Sharks. Students will read about shark habits, the kinds of sharks, the anatomy and fins of the shark, shark teeth, and more. The reading passages have the text features marked. Students will answer questions to identify the text feature or its purpose and respond to basic comprehension questions. These digital self-checking Boom Cards are such a great way for students to enjoy learning about sharks.
The Boom Cards include:
- 50 multiple-choice cards
- Backgrounds on cards feature photographs of sharks or beach scenes.
- Students will identify the text features used in the passages.
- Students will identify the purpose of the text features used in the passages.
- Students will complete basic comprehension questions.
- 25 cards focus on text features and 25 focus on content.
Your Guide includes:
- Link for redeeming your Boom set
- Directions for redeeming (in case you need them)
- Answer Key
- Text Features Glossary
- The page count includes 50 task cards.
Check the preview for a SAMPLE!
Boom Task Cards will require no printing, cutting out, or laminating. These sets are perfect for:
- At-Home Learning
- Small group time
- Morning work
- Early Finishers
- Test Review and practice
THIS IS A DIGITAL RESOURCE. PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION TELLING YOU MORE ABOUT THIS RESOURCE.
You must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks.
For additional assignment options, you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
You may be eligible for a free trial from Boom Learning. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial. If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading).
NOTE: This set is available in two additional ways:
- Sharks Nonfiction Task Cards Printable
- Sharks Reading Paperless Task Cards (made for Google Classroom)
I have more sets of Text Features Boom Cards!
- Polar Regions Nonfiction Text Features Boom Cards
- Rocks and Volcanoes Nonfiction Text Features Boom Cards
- Space Nonfiction Text Feature Boom Cards
- Skeleton Nonfiction Text Features Boom Cards
- Winter Sports Nonfiction Text Features Boom Cards
- Groundhog Day Nonfiction Text Features Boom Cards
- Valentine's Day Nonfiction Text Features Boom Cards
- Pirates Nonfiction Text Features Boom cards
- Amazon Rainforest Nonfiction Text Features Boom Cards
You might also like these animal-related resources:
- Escape Room Quest featuring Sharks
- Escape Room Quest featuring Spiders
- Groundhog Day Flipper Book
- Sharks Flipper Book
- Spiders Flipper Book
- STEM Quick Challenge Build a Spider Cage
- STEM Quick Challenge Shark Traps
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!