Shh! We're Writing the Constitution by Jean Fritz is a wonderful book to introduce students to the history of the Constitution. This packet is a collection of materials to help teach the book in some depth. The book is divided into five sections for this set of questions.
The packet includes:
* 5 pages of comprehension questions (one for each section)
* A fill-in-the-blank summary story
* A 12-question quiz
* A Spelling activity
* A copy of the Preamble broken into parts for memorization
* Extra comprehension questions
* Answer keys to all questions and quizze
This can be taught at any time of the year, but would be a great resource for Constitution Day on September 17!