Shiloh is a Newberry Medal-winning novel about a boy who falls in love with a mistreated dog and will stop at nothing to save the dog and make it his own. It’s an incredibly engaging novel that warrants lessons and activities that make analyzing, comprehending, and evaluating the book a ton of fun! That’s where this resource come in! It includes 16 chapter-by-chapter lessons and activities that will help students connect to, analyze, predict, investigate, synthesize, evaluate and comprehend the novel Shiloh.
• All of the chapter-by-chapter Shiloh activities are hands-on, interactive, engaging and tap into different learning styles that require students to become actively involved with their reading.
• Whether students are participating in small group discussions, designing wanted posters, drawing setting snapshots, crafting a literal web of lies, investigating internal and external conflict, making predictions, constructing interactive shapes and foldables, or creatively writing, they’ll be having fun!
• Many of the Shiloh novel study activities result in work that can be displayed and showcased in your classroom.
• Each activity is easily adaptable to an in-class activity, homework assignment, or authentic assessment.
• Add these highly engaging resources to your traditional novel study…or skip the ordinary reading comprehension questions and vocabulary drill and practice. Instead help students become critical readers while having fun at the same time!
• And the best part is that students will understand the novel Shiloh
Includes 16 Shiloh
Literature Study Activities:
• Chapter 1 – Showing Understanding – Just the Facts Activity
• Chapter 2 – Character Analysis Foldable
• Chapter 3 – Making Connections Flip Book
• Chapter 4 – Setting Snapshots Polaroids
• Chapter 5 – Making Predictions Cards and Envelopes
• Chapter 6 – Character Wanted Poster
• Chapter 7 – Summarizing Chapter Sticky Notes
• Chapter 8 – Web of Lies Activity
• Chapter 9 – Group Discussions (with 10 questions)
• Chapter 10 – Internal and External Conflict Foldable
• Chapter 11 – Visualizing
• Chapter 12 – Inside the Characters’ Minds Thought Bubbles
• Chapter 13 – Evaluating the Text Foldable
• Chapter 14 – Quote Analysis with 5 Novel Quote Posters
• Chapter 15 – Character Analysis Transformation
• Final Activity – Novel Spinner
These activities connect directly to Common Core Learning Standards:
You may also like...
Literary Devices Bundle
- Theme, Conflict, Characterization, Irony, Mood, Flashbacks and Foreshadowing
Nonfiction Text Features
- 6 Engaging and Interactive Lessons
Narrative Writing Unit
Other Interactive Novel Studies…
• Bud, Not Buddy
• My Brother Sam is Dead
• Bridge to Terabithia a>
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction