Shiloh, a novel written by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, contains lessons aligned to the Common Core Standards for grades 3 – 5. This comprehensive unit includes vocabulary, comprehension questions, constructed response questions, and skill lessons.
Be sure to check out the printable + digital version to determine which best fits your teaching needs and style. This unit is the printable only version.
The printable resource contains the following:
o Vocabulary including pronunciation, definitions, and sample sentences from the text
o Vocabulary Practice Booklet and Practice Pages
o Vocabulary Book Marks
o Vocabulary Flash Cards
o Vocabulary Test
Comprehension and Writing
• Comprehension – A comprehension quiz is included for each two chapters which includes multiple choice questions which require students to recall details from the chapters plus higher level thinking questions such as sequencing, main idea, plot development, summary, drawing conclusions, inference, predicting, theme, understanding vocabulary, interpreting literary devices, etc.
• 14 Constructed Response Questions
•Seven Language Arts Lessons
• Lesson #1 – Writing Titles
• Lesson #2 – Analogies
• Lesson #3 – Context Clues
• Lesson #4 – Reference Skills [Using a Dictionary and Thesaurus]
• Lesson #5 – Similes and Metaphors
• Lesson #6 – Multiple Meaning Words
• Lesson #7 – Dialect
Answer keys for each practice page is included.
Please download the preview for a closer look.
°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆*”˜˜”*°
If you are looking for additional book units, click here to see the full list of ★available titles.