Overview: This novel unit for comes complete with a detailed teacher guide, anchor slides, student activities (printable and digital), a bulletin board set, and response activities. The unit is perfect for third grade, fourth grade, and fifth grade!
***NEED TO USE THIS UNIT FOR DISTANCE LEARNING? Check out this video tutorial to see how!
Everything is done for you in this complete unit for the novel Shiloh. Your students will love reading through this popular novel by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. With this download you are getting over 240 hundred pages of lessons, activities, anchor slides, bulletin board pieces, games and more to have a successful novel unit.
In this unit you will find:
1) Detailed Teacher Guide with everything you need for each lesson. All needed resources are downloadable directly from the guide making prep a breeze! The teacher guide includes a unit overview and detailed daily lesson plans (some lasting more then 1 day) The lesson plans include easy-to-follow information about student objectives, materials needed, CCSS for grades 3-5, teacher preparation required, and the steps on how to conduct the lesson. You'll even find sample anchor charts and answer keys embedded right into the teacher guide.
2) 51 anchor slides provided in PowerPoint, PDF, or PGN image files.
3) 40+ pages of student activity sheets to go along with each daily lesson. [google classroom compatible]
4) 7 additional vocabulary lessons teaching vocab skills using novel vocabulary. These lessons include 21 MOREanchor slides and activity sheets. [google classroom compatible where applicable]
5) 90 piece bulletin board set to help reinforce content learned.
6) Additional Learning Activities to go along with daily lessons including. "Meet the Author" article, pairing fiction and nonfiction article, student discussion prompt cards, and a reader's theater script
7) 3 end-of-unit activities to wrap up your novel unit.
The following skills are taught in this unit:
1) What is realistic fiction?
2) Types of Characters
3) Point of View
4) Pairing Fiction and NonFiction
6) Types of Conflict in Fiction
7) Story Mountain and Critical Event
8) Character Development
CCSS standards are listed for grades 3-5
Please take a look at the sample provided to get a sneak peak of all that you will be getting!
You may also like:
Need several units? Check out my "Curriculum Builder Bundle" option that allows you to purchase 3 or more units and save up to 20%. See details below: