Shiloh Vocabulary PowerPoint
Shiloh Vocabulary PowerPoint will supplement your Shiloh literature study with a total of thirty Tier 2 words, two per chapter.
I have designed this product to introduce words and their definitions with interactive slideshows which can also be used repeatedly for review. There are two slides for each word. The first slide identifies the word and its part of speech as it is used in the book. In addition, the first slide defines the word and provides the sentence in which it is used in the book. The second slide includes an illustration, two sentences using the word, and a quick activity to engage students. For every ten words there is an interactive slide to review word meaning.
Also included in this product:
• Teaching tips located in Comments for some of the slides
• Common Core Connections
Click here for a more comprehensive vocabulary unit, Shiloh Vocabulary Bundle.
In addition to the Shiloh Vocabulary PowerPoint slideshows, this 174 page unit includes:
• Word/Definition cards for a “Matching” game
• Three different types of practice worksheets that require students to process word meaning in a variety of ways
• Assessments for which students must use word meaning to understand the context in which the words are used
• Answer Keys
• Literacy Center activities
• Word Lists
• Word Map for note-taking
• Word Wall vocab cards
• Student Objectives & Common Core connections
• Teaching Tips
Thank you for considering this product. Your feedback is appreciated.
Click to discover more treasure!
Pirate Queen Teaching Treasures