"Ship Breaker" by Paolo Bacigalupi: A Study Guide is a comprehensive aid to reflective reading.
1. Teacher's introduction;
2. Original annotated list of characters;
3. Original sections on setting, genre, themes, etc.;
4. Commentary and guiding questions for each chapter (29 in all). The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. Students must find their own answers, though I have included suggested answers to some of the questions. They are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc.;
5 Ideas for groupings for classroom discussion, feedback, and presentation;
6. Glossary of relevant literary terms;
7. Two vocabulary activities and two tests with answers;
8. Two graphic organizers (plot structure and character) for student annotation.