This file contains slides for the WelshFrench folk song, Shoheen Sho. This song helps to prepare, present, and practice a half note.
Hardest Rhythmic Concept: ta-a
Other Rhythmic Concepts: ta
I have included a copy of the song in case it is not one from your folk song collection.
This will help you:
- Prepare, present, and practice ta-a
This song file includes the following slides:
- Icons to keep the beat to the song
- Icons to show the rhythm of the song
- Hearts representing the beat in preparation for introducing the half note
- Slides dictating the rhythm without a half note (shows quarter notes tied together, and explains what a tie is)
- Introduction slides for ta-a (with other syllable choices and a blank slide for those that use something else)
- Rhythmic notation of the song in standard notation
- Slide with original song notation
- Map for finding Wales
Also, included in the Half Note Game file:
- Interactive game for practicing clapping rhythms with half notes, quarter notes, eighth notes, and quarter rests.
- Printable student beat and rhythm charts
- Printable cut-outs for students to practice putting the song in order
This file is over 70 PAGES!
Need a sample of what my song files look like? Here is a short freebie that will give you an idea of my work quality.
Looking for other songs to help teach Ta-a?
Frere Jacques - French Folk Song
Knock the Cymbals - Coming Soon
El Zapatero - Puerto Rican Folk Song - Coming Soon
Acadian Lullaby - Nova Scotian Folk Song - Coming Soon
OR BUY THE BUNDLE!
Half Note & Half Rest Bundle -or- Half Note, Half Rest, Whole Note, & Whole Rest MEGA-Bundle
Follow me on Facebook for Fan Freebies and Specials
Get more music teaching ideas by reading my blog - Making Music Memories
created by Making Music Memories, Brittany De Laruelle, Brittany Ward