Also included in
- This BUNDLE of our Short Vowel CVC Worksheets are perfect for phonics word work centers. They focus on short CVC words and include many NO PREP printables to practice short a, i, o, u, and e, as well as a mixed set of practice.#DistanceLearningTpT:► Can be sent home in independent work packets for$32.20$40.50Save $8.30
- This is a BUNDLE of several of my CVC resources that are perfect for small group reading groups or independent word work centers. The resources focus on learning to read by phonics patterns and includes phonemic awareness, blending, segmenting, and highly controlled phonics passages. It is all abo$78.09$111.56Save $33.47
These short a word family worksheets and short a activities are perfect for your phonics word work centers. They focus on short a CVC words and include 142 NO PREP printables to practice the short a word family.
The short a CVC phonics patterns are grouped by short a word family:
- Section 1: -at / -an / - ad (55 short a worksheets)
- Section 2: -ap / -am (46 short a worksheets)
- Section 3: -ab / -ag (41 short a worksheets)
This product aligns with my Blending Cards. For more information about the blending cards, see this blog post.
Blending cues (dots to segment the word, dotted lines to blend the word, and a large arrow to "read it fast") are included on many of the pages. Students can use the blending cues to read the word, then do the work on the worksheets.
These can also be printed at a reduced size and can be used for interactive notebooks.
There are 18 worksheet templates with multiple versions of most templates within each section.
→ Color the Picture
→ Circle the Same Word
→ Read, Trace, Write
→ Read, Write, Color
→ Spell & Write
→ Match & Write
→ Circle the Word
→ Read and Check
→ Write Two Times
→ Read, Match, Write
→ Sentence Scramble Cut & Paste
→ Write a Sentence
→ Picture Sort
→ Word Sort
→ Write by Word Family
→ Cut & Paste Onset Rime
→ Cut. Paste. Write.
→ Cut & Paste Onset & Rime Write
These 18 worksheets are repeated in each of the three sections and often include multiple pages to accommodate the entire word list.
Short a with t, n, d: bat, cat, fat, hat, mat, pat, rat, sat, can, Dan, fan, man, pan, ran, tan, van, Jan, bad, dad, fad, had, mad , lad, pad, rad, sad, tad
Short a with p, m: cap, gap, lap, map, nap, rap, sap, tap, zap, bam, dam, ham, jam, Pam, ram, Sam, yam
Short a with b, g: cab, dab, gab, jab, lab, nab, tab, bag, gag, lag, nag, rag, tag, wag
This product also aligns with my Phonics Reading Passages for Short A Word Families.
Also available are worksheets for other phonics patterns:
- Final Blends
- S-Blends & TW Blends
- Mixed Initial Blends
- Mixed Initial & Final Blends - coming soon!
- Consonant Teams (ck, ng, nk) - coming soon!
See the preview for additional information, a list of words, and photographs of all 18 different worksheets. An answer key is included.
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for a FREE RESOURCE
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.