This package contains 6 activities that allow students to practice reading and spelling short 'I' CVC words. The activities include the following:
- Memory Match: Picture and word cards
- Word Frames: Students cut out letter tiles to spell a word from a picture cue
- Match Them Up: Students read CVC words and match to a picture
- Word Ladder: Students change one letter of a word to create a new CVC word
- Word Scambler: Students unscramble letters to spell a CVC word and then illustrate it
- Fill in the Blanks: Students use cloze procedure to complete sentences, using a word bank. All words in the sentences are Dolch words or decodable words with short vowels.
All pictures are photos and are clearly identifiable.
Note: The decodable words used in the Fill-in-the-Blank sentences correspond with this suggested teaching order: A, I, O, E, U.
BEST VALUE! Check out our Short Vowel Power Pack, featuring all 5 short vowel mini-packs, plus additional short vowel games and activities not found in our mini-packs! https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Short-Vowel-Power-Pack-1836170