- Product Description
Word study matters. Explicit and systematic phonics instruction is critical for our emerging readers. Direct instruction has to be a component of our reading blocks, as well as, opportunities for students to use and apply sounds.
Five of the sorts are perfect for introducing short vowels and/or practicing short vowel sounds in small groups or RtI. Then, five sorts asks students to read the words aloud discerning between short and long (v__e) vowel sounds.
Writing is a critical component to my literacy block, so each sort asks students to write sentences that include one or more of the vowels.
These cut and paste sorts are perfect for a Word Work center, morning work, RTI, or at-home practice.
- Teacher Resources
- Using this Resource in Google Slides
- Adding a Video Mini-lesson on Google Slides
- Printable PDF Version
- 10 cut-and-paste sorts (Short A, E, I, O, U and Long vs Short Sounds for A, E, I, O, U)
- Google Slides Version
- Visual Directions for Students
- 10 slides-based sorts
- Video Mini-lesson Template Slide
- Self-checking audio
Catherine, The Brown Bag Teacher