Short + Long Vowels Bundle - Targeted Instruction Small Groups and Intervention
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- This bundle includes booklet sets for different phonics and spelling rules. These booklets use various words (single-syllable and multisyllabic) to teach and provide practice for the different rules and patterns. Students will explore and practice the pattern through a mini-lesson, independent practPrice $21.42Original Price $23.80Save $2.38
This bundle includes booklets that provide targeted instruction for short and long vowels for your upper elementary students. These booklets use a variety of words (single syllable and multisyllabic) to teach and provide practice for the short and long vowel phonic patterns. Students will learn what makes a vowel short or long (the WHY behind the pattern), and will explore and practice the pattern through a mini-lesson, independent practice, and a partner game.
Each Booklet Has:
- A mini-lesson for the teacher that breaks down the rationale for the pattern, plus linguistic connections;
- Pattern Rationale Example: A long a vowel sound is formed three ways: when there is an a_e, when there is a long a vowel team, and when the letter a is at the end of an open syllable.
- Linguistic Connection Example: Vowels are letters that represent sounds that do not block your airstream when you say them.
- I do, We do, You do portion of the mini-lesson
- "Word Exploration" Activity
- Independent Practice
- "Mystery Word" Activity
- Mini Board Game
✨ See the individual preview files for a complete look at this resource!
Included In This Resource:
- Teacher Guide
- 13 Booklets (one for each of the short vowels, one with all short vowels combined, one for each of the long vowels, one for the "magic e" rule, and one for general vowel teams)
- Answer Key
- Note: This resource comes as a printable PDF. It is not digital. It is not editable.
Do you need this resource for more than one teacher or classroom?
Sharing and collaborating makes teaching so much easier! In order to make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, you may buy additional licenses at a discount. How? Go to your My Purchases page on TpT and find the resource. Then, click Buy Additional Licenses. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept PO’s! Email me at email@example.com.
How can I earn credits to apply towards future purchases?
Go to your My Purchases page on TpT and find your purchased resources. You’ll see a Provide Feedback button next to each product. Click on it and you’ll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and comment. Doing so will give you TpT credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases.
How can I hear about new resources and sales?
- Click here to follow my TpT store
- Click here to join my email list
- Click here to follow me on Facebook
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link given. You may not translate or resell this resource.