**Important: This product is designed to be used for older students who still struggle with the short o sound or advanced K and 1st readers. The words used in the activities may include blends and digraphs and are not just CVC words. Please download the preview for a free look at the level of reading required in these activities.
The product includes:
- A nine page illustrated decodable book (sight words and short a words) called “My Community”
- The same text appears without the illustrations in the 2nd version in case you want your students to read and illustrate the text themselves.
- A sentence/short answer comprehension test on “My Community”
- A short o center that can be adapted to be a reading or a spelling center
- Dogs, Dogs, Dogs game for small groups or a center game
- The Case of the Missing Letters: identify the letters that were removed from the word
- Which One is Right?: Look closely to find the correctly spelled word for the sentence’s context
- Roll a Rime: Create words by rolling a die. Then decide if the word is real or nonsense
- Picture Perfect: Match the sentence (caption) to the Polaroid picture – Can be used as an assessment
- Flip Flap Fun: Create word families and lift the flap to see the picture… can be used separately or in an interactive notebook
Short Vowel Bundle
If you have any questions, please contact me through the Ask a Question tab or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks so much,