Short Stories: This common core aligned unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about short stories. This lesson works with all short stories.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An engaging and editable, 20 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoint is a multi-day presentation that teaches students about the basics of short stories: characters, setting, plot, conflict, point of view, and theme.
The supplementary material includes:
- A teacher instruction sheet with lesson ideas
- Multiple graphic organizers that can be used for ANY
- An analyzing theme essay that can be used for ANY
- An essay outline
- An essay peer editing form
- 100 point essay rubric
- Fill-in-the-Blank customizable rubric
Buy this lesson as a BUNDLE and save money!
Ultimate Narrative Writing and Short Story Unit Bundle (Grades 7-12)
Other Teaching Resources That Might Interest You:
Ultimate Argument Writing Bundle (Grades 7-12)
Descriptive Writing Mini-Unit - CCSS Aligned - Grades 7-10
Introduction to Argumentative Writing: a CCSS aligned mini-unit
Keywords: CCSS, common core, short stories, narrative writing, fiction, theme, analyzing theme