Also included in
- This bundle provides first year and AP® Literature teachers looking for a refresher with materials for teaching AP® Lit for an entire year. Before purchasing, I highly recommend you download this pacing guide and full course overview, which explains the course design and use of each resource in this$375.00$556.00Save $181.00
- This resource was designed for new AP® Literature teachers in mind. It bundles my best-selling and best-reviewed resources that can be used in any AP® Lit classroom. None of these resources require outside texts or reading assignments and they can be integrated along with any AP® Lit curriculum! To$225.00$304.50Save $79.50
- This bundle of lessons prepares AP® English Literature and other advanced literature students for prose analysis. Based on the Short Fiction I standards in the new AP Lit CED, this resource includes six lessons. Each lesson breaks down the important skills and strategies needed for prose analysis th$22.50$27.00Save $4.50
This resource introduces AP® English Literature and other upper level literature students to prose analysis of various short stories. This lesson, exploring CHR 1.A - How textual details reveal a character, includes slideshow notes and a student handout with various excerpts. The excerpts include:
- “Shaving” by Leslie Norris
- “Flowers for Algernon” by Daniel Keyes
- “A Tell-Tale Heart” by Edgar Allan Poe
- Click Clack the Rattle Bag by Neil Gaiman
- The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernest Hemingway
- The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield
- The Open Window by Saki (full text)
The lesson continues with analysis of a "Eleven" by Sandra Cisneros and an AP Lit-style paragraph prompt of a Flannery O'Connor's "A Good Man is Hard to Find." A sample paragraph analysis of this text is also included to model student writing and set expectations. Four pages of notes aligning with College Board's AP® Daily lessons are now also included!
In preparation for online learning, the lesson has also been converted to Google Slides for use in Google Classroom. The lesson comes with fillable text boxes for student work, plus instructions on how to make copies and use the resource on digital platforms.
This lesson is bundled in my Short Story Boot Camp, completing the requirements of AP® Lit Unit 1 (Short Fiction I).
This resource is included in my AP Lit Full Course Bundle!
AP® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, this website.