Also included in
- This bundle provides first year and AP® Literature teachers looking for a refresher with materials for teaching AP® Lit for an entire year. Before purchasing, I highly recommend you download this pacing guide and full course overview, which explains the course design and use of each resource in this$375.00$556.00Save $181.00
- This resource was designed for new AP® Literature teachers in mind. It bundles my best-selling and best-reviewed resources that can be used in any AP® Lit classroom. None of these resources require outside texts or reading assignments and they can be integrated along with any AP® Lit curriculum! To$225.00$304.50Save $79.50
- This bundle of lessons prepares AP® English Literature and other advanced literature students for prose analysis. Based on the Short Fiction I standards in the new AP Lit CED, this resource includes six lessons. Each lesson breaks down the important skills and strategies needed for prose analysis th$22.50$27.00Save $4.50
This resource introduces AP® English Literature and other upper level literature students to prose analysis of various short stories. This lesson, exploring 3.B – The function of a particular sequence of events in a plot, includes slideshow notes and a student handout with various excerpts. The excerpts include:
- "In the Penal Colony" by Franz Kafka
- "A Haunted House" by Virginia Woolf
- "Harrison Bergeron" by Kurt Vonnegut
- "The Bet" by Anton Chekhov
- "Paradise" by Toni Morrison
- "Incantations of Burned Children" by David Foster Wallace
- "Lather and Nothing Else" by Hernando Tellez
The lesson continues with analysis of a "Lamb to the Slaughter" by Roald Dahl and an AP® Lit-style paragraph prompt of Ray Bradbury's "The Veldt." The download also includes note sheets aligning on the AP® Daily video lesson on STR 3.B, available to all AP® Lit teachers on AP® Classroom.
In preparation for online learning, the lesson has also been converted to Google Slides for use in Google Classroom. The lesson comes with fillable text boxes for student work, plus instructions on how to make copies and use the resource on digital platforms.
This lesson is bundled in my Short Story Boot Camp, completing the requirements of AP® Lit Unit 1 (Short Fiction I).
AP® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, this website.
This resource is included in my AP Lit Full Course Bundle!