Also included in
- This bundle provides first year and AP® Literature teachers looking for a refresher with materials for teaching AP® Lit for an entire year. Before purchasing, I highly recommend you download this pacing guide and full course overview, which explains the course design and use of each resource in this$375.00$556.00Save $181.00
- This resource was designed for new AP® Literature teachers in mind. It bundles my best-selling and best-reviewed resources that can be used in any AP® Lit classroom. None of these resources require outside texts or reading assignments and they can be integrated along with any AP® Lit curriculum! To$225.00$304.50Save $79.50
- This bundle of lessons prepares AP® English Literature and other advanced literature students for prose analysis. Based on the Short Fiction I standards in the new AP Lit CED, this resource includes six lessons. Each lesson breaks down the important skills and strategies needed for prose analysis th$22.50$27.00Save $4.50
This resource introduces AP® English Literature and other upper level literature students to prose analysis of various short stories. This lesson, exploring STR 3.A - How plot orders events in a narrative, includes slideshow notes and a student handout with various excerpts. The excerpts include:
- "The Story of an Hour" by Kate Chopin (full text included)
- "The Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry
- "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- "The Necklace" by Guy de Maupassant
- "The Birds" by Daphne du Maurier
- "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury
The lesson continues with analysis of a "The Moment Before the Gun Went Off" by Nadine Gordimer and an AP® Lit-style paragraph prompt of Shirley Jackson's "Charles." It is highly recommended that you use the video on AP® Daily to introduce this concept, so I've created note sheets that align with those videos. You can access them on AP® Classroom.
In preparation for online learning, the lesson has also been converted to Google Slides for use in Google Classroom. The lesson comes with fillable text boxes for student work, plus instructions on how to make copies and use the resource on digital platforms.
This lesson is bundled in my Short Story Boot Camp, completing the requirements of AP® Lit Unit 1 (Short Fiction I).
This resource is included in my AP Lit Full Course Bundle!
AP® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, this website.