Short Story Choice Board Assignment | PDF and Digital: Have your students stay engaged while responding to the short stories they have read. Use this Short Story Choice Board to help differentiate the way your students respond to short stories. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom.
The activity choices are very diverse and can apply to ANY short story read in class or independently. No teacher prep required. Just print and photocopy to use in your classroom. Tasks are scaffolded in their difficulty so all students in your classroom can meet success.
Students are given a choice board with the main focus areas of Reading, Writing, Oral, Visual/Media. Each topic has 3 different choices for each focus area. Students are required to select 1 option from each column to complete and then hand in to be assessed.
Task Examples: Comic Strip, Journal Entry, Alternate Beginning or Ending
- Short Story Choice Board (4 options)
- Student Tracking Sheet (to monitor progress and productivity)
- 4 Level Assessment Rubric
- Points Based Assessment Sheet
- Individual PDFs to assistant with online learning
- "Great ideas! With so many short stories to teach this year, this is helping to break up the monotony of a routine. Thank you!"
- "Love the look of the product as well as the brilliant ideas! Perfect for short story units!"
- "An excellent source. My students loved to have the choices available. Much were focused and provided independence."
- "Great variety in choices being offered! Students take more ownership in their work when they have a hand in selecting what they are going to do. Thanks!"
- "So many options! This product is just perfect. It allows for so many options for students and teachers. Thank you for your hard work!"
This resource is included in these two bundles:
Other Engaging Resources