This project introduces students to the basics of making a film. It is designed to be a final project after reading a short story (or several short stories). I would recommend getting students to film an alternate ending to a short story or an extension of a short story.
The following sections are included:
1. the basic roles of people involved in a film and how they will apply to the project
2. the genre of the film (including a resource you can access for notes on genre)
3. the premise of the film with basic guiding questions
4. chart for planning each scene of the film with guiding questions
5. chart for storyboarding the film
6. section for planning other parts of the film (e.g. costumes and make-up)
7. chart for scheduling and planning tasks
8. additional recommended resource to discuss filming techniques and editing techniques
Additionally, I have included a brief lesson overview for teachers and a sample rubric that you can edit.
I hope you will find this project interesting, relevant, and fun. Please let me know if you have any questions or stories of how this worked for you!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
This means this resource is designated for 1 teacher's use in his/her school. You may not adapt this work for resale, or use this for commercial purposes.
Please do feel free to adapt this resource for your own use, however, and make as many copies for your classroom as you like! I hope you will find this resource helpful!