PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teach students to enjoy authentic literature in Spanish using five short stories from authors of Argentina: Julio Cortázar, Marco Denevi, Luisa Valenzuela, Jorge Luís Borges and Adolfo Bioy Casares (2nd year and above language learner level, Immersion and Heritage speaker).
What is included:
- Amor 77 by Julio Cortázar
- La vida para los jóvenes by Adolfo Bioy Casares
- El sabor de una medialuna by Luisa Valenzuela
- Helena y Menelao by Marco Denevi
- Leyenda by Jorge Luís Borges
These activities are easy to implement with minimal teacher preparation and provide a simple tool for introducing students to literature. Each story can be adapted for oral conversation and discussion, writing practice or testing as an individual or multiple lesson supplement for your current curriculum (Approximates intermediate level of the World-Readiness Standards For Learning Languages).
Essential skill practice:
- Expressing opinions
- Making predictions
- Analyzing relationship between cause and effect
- Use of time frames (present, past, future)
- Reflexive verbs
- Research strategies; Use of glossaries, online dictionaries
Short story genre worksheet activities is a stand-alone activity. If you would like additional materials for your Microcuento or Latin American literary curriculum, please see my other related resources below. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities.
Thank you for visiting my store! ¡Mil gracias! Haz un clic and Follow!