Looking for a natural approach to learning languages, growing vocabulary, teaching grammar and getting the learners to use the new language?
Reading short illustrated stories with your (little) learners will help you do exactly that especially when it's combined with activities that let your learners use the target language from day one in a variety of situations.
The book and it's content is targeted at Irish language learners at beginner's level, no previous knowledge required, and Early Readers.
Read the story in Irish from start to finish (ca. 4-5 minutes) and show the illustrations.
Ask questions about the story, use the activities to reinforce and revise vocabulary.
Book 1 Atsiu - saying/asking for names, playground, toys:
Lilly is going to the playground. There she meets a new friend but he is not able to say his name. Does the little witch on the swing have something to do with it?
- story for language learners aged 3+.
- learners experience the Irish language playfully as a
- hand-painted illustrations correspond with the text
- enjoy the story at home, at preschool or primary school
This is yours when you download this product:
- a children's short story in Irish including
- a word list
- an activity guide with learning objectives, vocabulary list &
required materials in Irish to practise vocabulary and oral communication
- colouring pages
- a recording of the story in Irish to aid with pronunciation
Illustrations ©AnnMarie McCarthy.
Happy language learning & story time!