Warriner’s “It Rained for Stevie” (by Jodi Thislis) Short Story Unit has the tools you need to help increase your students’ reading comprehension and literary analysis skills.
Jodi Thislis was in the eighth grade when she wrote “It Rained for Stevie,” and middle school students relate to and empathize with the characters. It is a poignant story about friendship, life, and death, and it draws the reader in quickly. The annotated story will help you to instruct your students on what to notice while reading, which naturally reinforces their knowledge and application of literary terms in reading and writing.
The lesson plans, annotated short story, games and activities in this unit are completely classroom-tested. I created and developed them in order to teach English/Language Arts to middle school students. This unit has 7 days of detailed lesson plans. Student response to this unit is excellent!
Warriner’s “It Rained for Stevie” Short Story Unit includes:
• Product Description
• Common Core Requirements
• Introduction and Planning
• Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
• Literary Terms Definitions
• “It Rained for Stevie” Review Questions
• Brainstorm, Webs, Outline and Rough Draft Activity Forms
• “It Rained for Stevie” Review Questions Key with Detailed Explanations
• “It Rained for Stevie” Short Essay Peer Edit Sheet
• “It Rained for Stevie” Short Essay Rubric
• “It Rained for Stevie” Short Story Annotated Instructor’s Copy
• “It Rained for Stevie” Annotations Instruction Page
• “It Rained for Stevie” Annotations
• “It Rained for Stevie” Short Story (student copy)