Warriner’s “Rikki-tikki-tavi” Short Story Unit covers a classic story and compares it to the animated film. The lesson plans, annotated short story, games and activities in this unit are completely classroom-tested. I created and developed them in order to teach English/Language Arts to middle school students.
Students’ reading comprehension and writing skills increase as students acquire and develop knowledge of the elements of plot, character development, author’s purpose and figurative language. This unit has 10 days of detailed lesson plans, writing activities, exam, differentiated exam, exam keys, and rubrics.
The classic characters are easy to relate to and the suspense keeps the reader involved, which creates many learning moments. The annotated story is great for teaching your students what to look for and notice in literature and reading. Students enjoy this unit!
Warriner’s “Rikki-tikki-tavi” Short Story Unit includes:
• Product Description
• Common Core Requirements
• Introduction and Planning
• Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
• Unit Summary Activity Daily Lesson Plans
• “Rikki-tikki-tavi” Compare/Contrast Short Essay Instructions
• Brainstorm Activity Form
• Web Activity Forms
• Outline Activity Form
• Rough Draft Form
• “Rikki-tikki-tavi” Compare/Contrast Short Essay Rubric
• Literary Terms Definitions
• Review Game!! Instructions
• Review Game Rules Section Five
• Rikki Review Questions
• Rikki Review Questions Key