Here's an easy way to organize and structure the activities you do for a short story all in one packet. All of the activities could be done together in packet form, or you could choose to just use individual pages for certain stories. The activities are designed to work with fictional short stories.
This resource contains explanations and examples for how each activity could be done in the classroom. Included activities are:
1. Activating Background Knowledge/ Sharing Reflection
2. Confidential Word List/Making Predictions
3. Learning New Vocabulary
4. Using Active Reading Strategies
5. Identifying Plot
6. Analyzing Character Traits
7. Comparing & Contrasting Character Traits/Text to Self Connection/Visualization
8. Focus on the Author
Please see the preview and thumbnails to view some sample pages.
★You may also want to check out my "Less Mess" Fiction Interactive Notebook Activities (for Reading/Literature) as well! It includes many similar activities PLUS MORE!