Also included in
- Narrative Writing/Short Story Unit: This common core aligned bundle is perfect for back to school and it includes everything you need to teach narrative writing, narrative strategies, and short stories to your middle and high school students. This unit focuses on writing better narratives by underst$21.99$28.74Save $6.75
- Engage your students in a digital introduction to a short story teaching unit that introduces the genre of short stories to students. This common core aligned unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about short stories. This lesson works with all short stories$8.00$14.00Save $6.00
- A Secondary ELA Curriculum Bundle that offers both traditional print and Google digital resources for middle school ELA and high school English!Engage your students digitally with this traditional print and Google-based secondary English language arts curriculum bundle. This secondary English resour$349.99$636.83Save $286.84
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and secured$239.99$422.63Save $182.64
Short Stories: This common core aligned unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about short stories. This lesson works with all short stories.
**Also available in DIGITAL**
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An engaging and editable, 20 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoint is a multi-day presentation that teaches students about the basics of short stories: characters, setting, plot, conflict, point of view, and theme.
The supplementary material includes:
- A teacher instruction sheet with lesson ideas
- Multiple graphic organizers that can be used for ANY short story
- An analyzing theme essay that can be used for ANY short story
- An essay outline
- An essay peer editing form
- 100 point essay rubric
- Fill-in-the-Blank customizable rubric
Buy this lesson as a BUNDLE and save money!
Other Teaching Resources That Might Interest You:
Keywords: CCSS, common core, short stories, narrative writing, fiction, theme, analyzing theme