This delightfully creepy short story is perfect for practicing literary analysis, foreshadowing, point of view, and irony with your middle school and high school students.
The unit has everything you need to start teaching -- including the story. Can be used for emergency sub plans as well. While this is great to teach at Halloween, it's an engaging story any time of year!
This resource includes:
* PDF copy of "The Monkey's Paw" by W. W. Jacobs. This text is in the public domain. QR Code and URL link included on student pages.
* Daily lesson plans
* Pre-reading student survey
* Comprehension questions
* Comprehension quiz
* Vocabulary study
* "Big Picture" graphic organizer
* Analyzing literature -- point of view
* Character analysis cards for interactive skits
* Understanding characters graphic organizer
* "Try It" cards -- challenge students to write using foreshadowing
* Fate & Cosmic irony
* "Write About It" prewriting, graphic organizer
* "Revise Your Draft" cards
* Writing rubric
* Teacher Checklists
* Answer Key
* Ready to print and teach...Just Add Students
Please be sure to take a look at the preview to see all the goodies in this resource!
You might also be interested in:
Dystopia Book Groups
Bundle: Creating a Works Cited Page & Parenthetical Citation
♥ Thank you for your interest in this product!
I would love to have you follow my store. Just click the little green star by my store name, and you'll be the first to learn about freebies, sales, and new products.
♥ I love hearing from you! Please leave feedback (and collect those TPT credits!); if you have any questions, just leave a message for me in the Q&A below. I'll get right back to you!
♥ Happiness always!
keywords: Halloween, Short Story, middle school, lesson plans, literary analysis