Your students will love this delightfully creepy short story. It's perfect for practicing literary analysis, foreshadowing, point of view, and irony with your middle school and high school students.
Reasons to love this unit:
⚬ The unit has everything you need to start teaching -- including the story. ⚬ Your students will love it!
⚬ Can be used for emergency sub plans as well.
⚬ More practice of those literary analysis skills
This resource includes:
* PDF copy of "The Monkey's Paw" by W. W. Jacobs. This text is in the public domain. QR Code and URL link included on student pages.
One copy with vocabulary marked, one without.
* Daily lesson plans
* Pre-reading student survey
* Comprehension questions
* Comprehension quiz
* Vocabulary study
* Plot diagram
* "Big Picture" graphic organizer
* Analyzing literature -- point of view
* Character analysis cards for interactive skits
* Understanding characters graphic organizer
* "Try It" cards -- challenge students to write using foreshadowing
* Fate & Cosmic irony
* "Write About It" prewriting, graphic organizer for an argumentative essay
* "Revise Your Draft" cards
* Writing rubric
* Teacher Checklists
* Answer Key
* Ready to print and teach...Just Add Students
Please be sure to take a look at the preview to see all the goodies in this resource!
Looking for other creepy stories to engage your students? Here are two more:
"The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson
"The Tell-tale Heart" by Edgar Allan Poe
Want to give your students a turn to write their own scary stories? Here's a step-by-step journal that will help them!
⚬ Write a Scary Story (Printable)
⚬ Write a Scary Story (Digital)
You might also be interested in:
Dystopia Book Groups
26 Mini Lessons for Reading Literature
♥ I would love to have you follow my store. Just click the little green star by my store name, and you'll be the first to learn about freebies, sales, and new products.
♥ I can't wait to hear from you! I read and respond to feedback, and if you have any questions, just leave a message for me in the Q&A below. I'll get right back to you!
♥ Happiness always!