The ultimate short story bundle! “Cemetery Path” by Leonard Q. Ross is an excellent, scary, thrilling short story to engage your learners.
This complete pack meets 6 CCSS standards, and contains 9 specific lessons in reading, writing, and speaking.
1. Complete Tone and Mood Unit (this is also for sale separately on my site)
a. Connotation and Denotation lesson
b. Student exploration with Tone and Mood- looking at tone through :
v. Video games
vii. –and of course- LITERATURE!
c. Tone/Mood Mini-Lesson for support
d. Tone Summative Assessment- over 7 options for assessment.
e. Summative Assessment for both Tone/Mood and “Cemetery Path”
2. Complete Context Clues Unit
a. Context Clues Mini-Lesson for support
3. Discussion questions for literature circles
4. Differentiated comprehension questions- 3 levels of support for struggling, grade level, and gifted students.
5. Allusions Lesson (for sale separately on my site)
6. Close reading strategy lesson
7. Citing Evidence (in-text citation) (for sale separately on my site)
8. Crafting an argument lesson
9. Two written assessments including a literary analysis of the tone within “Cemetery Path”
a. Graphic organizers
10. Personalized Learning Student Agenda Slides & Lesson Plan
11. Introduction to Personalized Learning- to teach your students about this method of instruction
12. Personalized Learning Infographic
13. Traditional Instructional Model Lesson Plans and Daily Student Agenda
14. Complete 3 Week unit with Daily Bell Ringer Practice with tone/mood, writing, and context clues.
Over 165 Google Slides
Over 165 PowerPoint Slides
Over 56 Google Documents and PDF Documents
No Prep! Link and/or Print and go!